Southend United face another winding up order from the taxman but can strengthen squad!
By westfield shrimper
Updated Friday, 18th February 2011
It's been reported that HMRC have issued another winding up order against the Shrimpers for a nominal fee of around of £30,000 but there is no transfer embargo on the club.
That Echo source is working overtime this week as now it's passed on that Southend have received another winding-up order from Her Majesty's taxman for a nominal fee, I love the word nominal but I suppose at least it's not in the millions, of £30,000.
Huh, small change to Uncle Ron.
Anyway, we're told it's such a trifling sum we can still bring in those players we've not been able to bring in so far to help our march to the play-offs, emergency loans that may be desperatly needed as injuries mount up before the tough trek to Torquay United Saturday.
The 'source' told www.echo-news.co.uk: "The club are not under embargo as a consequence of HMRC's action. And Southend will continue to look for players in the market to strengthen our position to gain promotion."
While cashflow continues to be a major problem for the Shrimpers, the source insists that despite increasing rumours to the contrary players have indeed been paid and 'will continue to do so'.
Oh well, that's all right then.