Half-price summer rail sale!
Article by exiledessexboy
Updated Monday, 18th July 2011
London Midland have slashed off-peak tickets by 50% in their online Summer Rail Sale! Travel has to be taken between Saturday July 23rd and Sunday 4th 2011 and you have to buy your tickets online.
Half price summer rail sale between 23 July and 4 September
Travel between Saturday 23 July and Sunday 4 September 2011 and you can save 50% on thousands of Off-Peak Day Return and Off-Peak Return tickets when you buy your tickets online.
To get yourself a bargain, just follow these three simple steps
- use London Midland services
- travel off-peak (Off-Peak Day Return and Off-Peak Return)
- buy your tickets here now
The 50% discounted fare will automatically appear at the top of the page as well as in our cheapest fare finder tool (bottom left hand box), so you don't have to spend a long time searching for them!
If you are searching for trains between Birmingham and London, though, it's always worth clicking on 'show other routes' to ensure you are shown all the London Midland travel options.
|Tring to London||£13.30||£6.65|
|Crewe to Liverpool||£9.40||£4.70|
|Birmingham to London||£26||£13|
|Liverpool to Birmingham||£32.40||£16.20|
|London to Milton Keynes||£14||£7|
|Rugby to London||£26||£13|
|Northampton to London||£23.50||£11.75|
|Stoke-On-Trent to London||£31||£15.50|
|Wolverhampton to Liverpool||£30.20||£15.10|
* Approximate Off-Peak Return / Day Return fares before and after promotion
Please note: Prices may change on 4 September 2011.
Can’t find the cheap fares?
The discounted fares will be shown automatically for almost all journeys on our network. However, there are a few that won’t – so here’s a handy guide:
Travelling between the North West / the Midlands and London
Ensure you have selected ‘via Northampton’ in the ‘more options’ section, and ‘London Midland trains’ or ‘ATW and LM only’ in the ‘show other routes’ option.
Travelling on routes without a specific London Midland fare
Where we share a route with another train operator, or your journey takes a very circuitous route, we may not be responsible for setting the fares. In such cases the discount won't naturally show up when you search for a ticket.
To make things easier for you, we’ve produced the handy guide below, which shows you how to find the ‘London Midland’ sale fares for the journeys we know to be a problem. You'll need to change trains at the end of each leg, but some of these will give you a saving of more than 50%, others less:
|from||to||leg 1||leg 2|
|Shrewsbury / Telford / Great Malvern||Milton Keynes||Shrewsbury / Telford / Great Malvern to Birmingham||Birmingham to Milton Keynes|
|Shrewsbury / Telford / Great Malvern||Watford Junction||Shrewsbury / Telford / Great Malvern to Birmingham||Birmingham to Watford Junction|
|Shrewsbury / Telford||Leighton Buzzard||Shrewsbury / Telford to Birmingham||Birmingham to Leighton Buzzard|
|Shrewsbury / Telford / Hereford / Worcester||Bedford||Shrewsbury / Telford / Hereford / Worcester to Birmingham||Birmingham to Bedford|
Can I travel only on London Midland trains with my 'sale' ticket?
If your ticket is marked 'Any permitted' under the word 'route', then you can use any train operator for your journey. If your ticket is marked 'London Midland only' or similar, then your journey must only be on London Midland trains.
When you plan your journey online, the system will show you the trains on which your chosen ticket can be used.
Examples of routes where you can use any operator are: Birmingham to Shrewsbury, Rugby to Birmingham and Liverpool to Birmingham. Between Milton Keynes and London, the sale includes tickets that can be used only on London Midland trains, as well as slightly more expensive tickets that can be used on any train operator's services.
Need some inspiration?
Need some inspiration for a great day out this Summer? There's plenty to see and do across our network throughout April so have a look at our Destinations Guide section for some great ideas.
2 for 1 entry to over 100 top London attractions
We've teamed up with over 100 top London attractions, restaurants, theatres, exhibitions and more to bring you great value days out when you go by train. For more details visit londonmidland.com/destinations/london-2for1-offers/
Terms and conditions
- Whilst every effort has been made to offer discounts between any two points on the London Midland network, some journeys may require two separate purchases as outlined above.
- The Rail Sale allows standard class Off-Peak Return and Off-Peak Day Return tickets to be bought for half price online. It does not offer any discount on Anytime, Advance or Super Off-Peak fares.
- Tickets can only be bought between 8 July - 4 September 2011 and only from the London Midland website. Your outward journey must be between 23 July and 4 September 2011.
- Tickets cannot be bought at stations or via telesales.
- Engineering works affect train services late at night, at weekends and during bank holiday periods. Please check your train times before travelling.
- Normal Railcard discounts apply for holders of 16-25, Friends and Family, Senior, Disabled, HM Forces and Network Railcards.
- National Rail Conditions of Carriage apply.
- Applications for refunds should be made by logging into your London Midland online account and completing the relevant refund form.
- Passengers with ‘LM RAIL SALE SVR’ (monthly return) tickets must make their outward journey before midnight on 4 September 2011, but can return any time within one calendar month.
- If you are having problems, you can contact London Midland Customer relations on 0844 811 0133 or send @londonmidland a message on Twitter.